Bandwidth allocation is usually measured in Megabits per second or Mbps but you want more to know how much is this in megabytes/second or kilobytes/second so math is:
1 Mbps = 1024 Kb (kilobits) / 8 bits = 128 kilobytes/second
If you have fibre-optics access you have usually symmetrical upload and download speed. Download/upload speed starts often at 10Mbps/10Mbps (price around: 20€/month) and it can to 200Mpbs/200Mpbs (price around: 200€/month) or more. With 100Mbps/100Mbps you can host various stuff with reasonable speed quality for your consumers.
This is usually more useful for residential users (for the content consumers or viewers). It reflects how much data can be transmitted to your computer/LAN at one time.
This affects the speed of:
- Web page loading
- File downloading
- Video/audio streaming
Upload speed plays determines how quickly your computer/LAN can transmit data to other locations. For this reason ISPs typically provide much lower upload speed to their subscribers then download speed, very often upload speed is 10-times lower then download speed.
Upload speed has a significant impact on these operations:
- Does it take a long time to send an email with an attachment? That’s the limitation of your upload speed.
- This also plays a crucial role in doing a live broadcast, since you are sending (or uploading) the stream from your location to the streaming server.
- If you want to host a server at your home then this directly affect you
What you get is what you paid for (or not)
These bandwidth speeds are not constant, they fluctuate based on how much load is placed on the network. What you pay for and what you are actually getting does not always line up. You can visit speedtest.net for measuring your speed. If you ever experience internet speed problems run a speedtest first.
Look quickly at this picture and remember what you saw first.
You saw the young girl
The girl is looking into the distance and you see her profile on the left – there is the nose and eyelashes. Her hat has the white veil and she is dressed in luxurious fur coat and on the neck she is wearing a necklace.
- According to popular interpretations, which, however, is not confirmed by the psychologists, you have the bright nature, youthful spirit and you have an optimistic view of the world.
You saw the old woman
The old woman is looking a little bit down and you see her profile on the left. What was the ear of the young girl is now the old woman’s eye. The line of her jaw is now the nose of the old woman, a necklace is the old woman’s lips, and a hat with a veil on looks on an old woman looks more like a scarf.
- If you first saw an old woman it is possible that you are naturally pessimistic and cautious, tend to scepticism and older spirit.
When you starting a new business you need to find your customer and solve his pain and you need also to invest your time in research to see if your business fits into the market.
Priority tasks before starting your business
- Identify your customer
- Identify market segment / niches
- Take a look and research macroeconomic changes, demographic changes, psychographic changes, technical changes, societal changes, political changes and governament/regulatory chanegs
Useful links that can help you in your research
Want to discuss about your idea?
Contact me freely regarding this topic (or if you have some other question) and I will be glad to give you my opinion (my discretion is 100% guaranteed).
As said before in previous blog post we can differentiate all people roughly in three groups
- He never misses an opportunity to tell everyone in sight about his goals for the day, the week or even the month ahead
- Whenever anything favourable and worth noticing happens in the office, he finds an excuse to talk about it
- Not only does he impress his supervisors and bosses, even his customers are impressed, for quite some time, at least
- He is one who is not short of ideas and is seen often to exercises due diligence at work
- This person has the ability to think out-of-the-box and is no stranger to thinking strategically
- He tends to weigh the pros and cons carefully before giving his opinion and is well considered by many at the workplace
- His ability to paint the big picture may sometimes be construed as a dampener when a gung-ho mentality prevails in an organization
- Every successful organization has this guy in his team
- He is very hardworking person who likes nothing better than to accomplish whatever task he is given
- Each task is a challenge and must be done in best possible way
- He has a good track record of success
- He works quietly, uncomplaining, so his his hard work and efforts are not given due recognition
- Office politics is anathema to him
- This is The Bible for them
Next time when someone come to you and present you his brilliant great new innovative idea, before listening him all the way, just show him this picture and find out where he belongs (credit to Derek Sivers).