Basically, there is no rule how we learn but learning process is not linear. The most important thing is our will to learn.
In my case, it is more chaotic process when something grabs your attention and then you disperse in different directions from the starting idea and end up with something completely new that you even didn’t think about. Previous experience, feelings, events from the past make our perceptions better..
If you are able to gather and process all these new things in some useful story then your mind is enriched.
You also come to some interesting things during the learning process that have no connections with the topic you were researching. For example, while I was looking about learning process I came to this:
- How to transform your browser into the simple Notepad? More explanation by Jose Jesus Perez Aguinaga
- Answer: Just copy this line into the browser Address field:
data:text/html, <html contenteditable>
Or maybe, something completely different…
You are working daily on your super interesting online product/service that will sell like a bread but you just need to launch the service on which you were working last two years… What about to start from completely different direction that can save you a lot of time? Find out what people will pay for and then build product that will sell from the first day. If you are able to sell to 500 hundred people something that is 30€ worth you will make the yearly income of 180,000€.
Our brain has two working speeds
At the end few interesting quotes about the learning process…
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. (Henry Ford)
- You cannot open a book without learning something. (Confucius)
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. (Bill Gates)
- I am still learning. (Michelangelo)
- You aren’t learning anything when you’re talking. (Lyndon B. Johnson)
- Learning to make films is very easy. Learning what to make films about is very hard. (George Lucas)
- There’s no learning without trying lots of ideas and failing lots of times. (Jonathan Ive)
- Just because you are CEO, don’t think you have landed. You must continually increase your learning, the way you think, and the way you approach the organization. I’ve never forgotten that. (Indra Nooyi)
- The trick in life is learning how to deal with it. (Helen Mirren)
- He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger. (Confucius)
- Learn to say no to the good so you can say yes to the best. (John C. Maxwell)